2019 Key Highlights
• Investment volumes in 2019 exceeded £220,000,000, an increase on 2018’s 5 year record of £185,000,000
• Prime yields for the very best assets have compressed further over the past 12 months to around 5.75%
• Investment demand and activity has been spread evenly amongst both islands, which was not the case in 2018, where Jersey was dominant. The largest deal in 2019 was the sale of Dorey & Martello Court, Guernsey for over £60m, the best yield was achieved on IFC5, Jersey at 5.75%
• Appetite in Guernsey to develop new stock gathers momentum and negotiations to take a prelet of No 1 The Plaza, Admiral Park, Guernsey are well advanced. This will be the first new major office development to have taken place since the late 2000’s
• Rents remain stable across both islands, however occupational “Take Up” is down due to lack of supply. The vacancy rate continues to remain low and there is minimal Grade A stock sitting vacant across both Islands
• In Jersey, given the strength of the residential market, more obsolete stock has been taken out of the market
• Given rampant building cost inflation in both Islands, developers are having to increase rents to keep pace.